A seismic monitoring network typically consists of a centralised node, which coordinates the network of distributed seismic monitoring devices.
In the IMS system, this node is called Synapse, and consists of two components:
Synapse Server and Synapse Viewer.
typically runs on a dedicated machine along with other IMS software. It communicates with the seismic monitoring devices in the field and relays this information to the user.
runs on your local machine (Windows, Mac OS, or Linux) and displays the status of the seismic-monitoring network as reported by Synapse Server.
SYNAPSE SERVER FUNCTIONS
- co-ordination of telemetry between devices in the seismic network, including all IMS hardware (e.g. netADCs, netSPs, UPSs, GSs, etc.) and compatible third-party devices
- prioritisation of seismic data for transmission
- association of triggers into events
- autoprocessing of events
SYNAPSE VIEWER FUNCTIONS
- monitoring and control of devices and the seismic network
- configuration of devices in the seismic monitoring network
- an overview of incoming seismic events
IMS SYNAPSE SERVER
Click here to download synapse server software.
IMS SYNAPSE VIEWER
Click here to download synapse viewer.