THE IMS iUPS
To maximise system operational time, an Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) is recommended at each node in the seismic network. Due to the sensitivity of microseismic measurements to electrical noise, and the effect which a ‘dirty’ power supply can have on the digitization of analogue data, it is highly recommended that an IMS iUPS be used to power the netADC data acquisition unit and netSP processor.
Besides the usual benefits of using a UPS (i.e. battery backup and surge protection), the iUPS provides the added advantage of being able to remotely monitor the quality of mains power, perform hard resets (power reset) and request backup of data in the event of extended power failures. This is made possible by bidirectional communication between iUPS and netSP.
iUPS KEY FEATURES
- Wide range input voltage: 80 – 240 V AC.
- Built-in surge / overload protection.
- Output voltage
- Supports 1 to 4 independent units (netADC, netSP, etc) with remote load sensing.
- Battery life: 8 hours for a single unit.
- Communicates with netSP for iUPS status reporting.
- Status LEDs indicate power and battery condition of the iUPS.
- on AC power: 15.5 V DC.
- on battery power: 10.5 – 13.8 V DC.
For further details, please refer to the IMS iUPS specifications document